Contact: Tammy Hancock: 082 8249365
The Clarens Tourism Forum (CTF) was established in March 2011. It is a non-profit body that was formed with the purpose of collectively marketing and showcasing the Tourism experiences of Clarens and its members along the valley of Thabo Mofutsanyane DM.
Currently the town is working towards transforming itself into a THE tourist destination of choice with its sole purpose – to fully integrate and unite the greater Clarens community.
The CTF is planning the next phase in regaining Clarens’ market share. The strategy will be implemented as a 3 – 5 year plan and will target the ‘quiet’ periods with attractions to draw people to Clarens during these ‘quiet’ periods.
Accomplishments & Accolades:
– Members of N3 Gateway
– Participation at the International Travel Indaba 2011 & 2012
– Participation at the Outdoor Expo 2011 & 2012
– Media 24 Tourism Town of the Year
– Awarded World Tourism Day – (CTF Assisted)
– Educational Program to Media, Hospitality & Travel Industries
– Launched the Inaugural Clarens Visual Arts Festival 2011
– Media 24 Makietie (CTF Assisted)
– Elvis Blue Cycle Tour of Hope Concert
– MTN MTB Cycle Challenge
– Tour de Free State Cycle Race – International Field
– Centenary Celebrations